What are you going to do with them? I have a full garden of GREEN tomatoes and I am waiting so very patiently for them to turn red so that I can make salsa, tomato sauce and pizza sauce. Yum!
Miranda, half of these went into tomato sauce and the other half into a chunky marinara sauce. I don't can so these will go into my freezer in Mason jars....I never know though, if they work until we pull them out and use them. Last year I made this lovely roasted eggplant and tomato sauce and when we would thaw it, it was all watery.
We are a family that lives in sunny California where we are growing in grace everyday. I am a help meet to my husband, a stay at home mom, a homeschool teacher, and everything else that goes along with that description. I enjoy cooking for my family, gardening, ameteur photography, reading to my kids and spending quiet evenings with my husband. But most important I am saved by grace, unconditionally by my sovereign Savior.
Oh, those are true beauties! I have put up 30 quarts of tomatoes over the last week and I feel your joy/pain! :)
ReplyDeleteYummy!
ReplyDeleteWhat are you going to do with them? I have a full garden of GREEN tomatoes and I am waiting so very patiently for them to turn red so that I can make salsa, tomato sauce and pizza sauce. Yum!
ReplyDeleteMiranda, half of these went into tomato sauce and the other half into a chunky marinara sauce. I don't can so these will go into my freezer in Mason jars....I never know though, if they work until we pull them out and use them. Last year I made this lovely roasted eggplant and tomato sauce and when we would thaw it, it was all watery.
ReplyDeleteApril, did you cook them down or just can them?